Need Healthcare But Can't Get Insurance?
Gain peace of mind with access to healthcare If you are uninsured and not able to get health insurance through the Affordable Care Act and have a household income less than 200% over the current poverty level then call 205-271-6820. Jefferson Country Project Access can help you gain access to medical care in the area, to make sure you're in good health and prepare you for the unexpected.
Call 205-271-6820 now to find out how you can access healthcare through Project Access!
Are You Eligible?
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING TO BE QUALIFIED TO ENTER PROJECT ACCESS:
- Household annual income does not exceed 200% over current Federal poverty level.
- Have no medical insurance and no financial ability to purchase medical insurance.
- Does not qualify for insurance subsidies through the Health Exchange under the Affordable Care Act.
- Does not have Medicare or Medicaid and not eligible for Emergency Medicaid
- Not eligible for healthcare through the VA or Cooper-Green Mercy Health Services.
- Resident of Alabama - and generally a resident of Jefferson or surrounding counties to include Shelby, Bibb, Blount, Tuscaloosa, Walker, and St. Clair.
- Have a "Medical Home" - Already under the ongoing care of a Primary Care Provider or be willing to accept and follow through on a referral to a Primary Care Provider to facilitate 'continuity of care'.
- Jefferson County Project Access seeks to connect uninsured and under served patients to medical professionals to provide them with care such as:
- Primary care services
- Regular medical appointments
- Referrals for mental health and addiction issues
- Specialty and ancillary care
- Work with Jefferson County Project Access to contribute your skills to our healthcare initiative.